As we close in on year-end championships, our team is working hard on polishing the details of our performances. We headed down the road this weekend to Waredaca for their PVDA Recognized show. It was definitely a bit wet on Saturday, but everyone kept smiles on their faces, and the horses didn’t seem to mind the puddles (whew!).
It was fun to see a few of my eventing students dip their toes into the dressage world, with Luba and Ron showing their event horses in a few Training and First Level classes. And I lent my own Fokuss to my long-time student Margaret so she could get to her first show of the year and realize that dressage can be just as much fun as running and jumping (good boy Fokuss!)!
- Luba Abrams with Over to Hue: 1st in First Level, Test 1 Opportunity Class; 1st in First Level, Test 2 Opportunity Class
- Ron Abrams with The Godfather: 1st in Training Level, Test 1 Opportunity Class; 1st in Training Level, Test 2 Opportunity Class
- Amanda Braun with Commando: 1st in First Level, Test 3-AA; 2nd in First Level, Test 2-AA; 2nd in Second Level, Test 2-AA; 1st in First Level Freestyle
- Margaret McKelvy with Fokuss: 1st in First Level, Test 1-AA; 3rd in First Level, Test 2-AA
- Colleen O’Connor with Lasting Impression: 3rd in Second Level, Test 1-AA; 2nd in Second Level, Test 1-AA
- April Franks with Pots and Pans: 1st in FEI Eventing TOC